Tuesday 27 January 2015

Being Mindful with Headspace


Over the past few weeks it has been taking me a really long time to get to sleep. My mind is full of thoughts. I just can't stop them. I realise that my subconscious is trying to piece together the events of  the past two months. I know this is part of the healing process too, but I would like a good night sleep every now and then!

In the past year or so Mindfulness has crossed my path a few times. In particular, I watched Dr David Cox from Headspace talk at the Adobe Summit last year. He was very inspiring and I wanted to start it then, but for some reason or another I never got around to it.

So, this week I have decided to start. I've downloaded the app and I'm doing the 'Take 10' free trial and plan to sign up when that is finished. My mind is living in the past or furiously planning the future and is not being present enough right now. I've not read too much about what Headspace promises to do for me. I have no expectations of myself. I simply want to learn how to be in the present moment for at least 10 minutes of my day. Any other benefits will be a bonus!

Want to join me on a Mindfulness journey? If you are already doing this or want to start, please get in touch! They have a buddy system too so we can keep each other on track. I will keep you posted in the next few weeks on how it is working. Wish me luck xxx

Visit www.headspace.com to find out more


1 comment: